Wilkes Comic Con
Thank your interest in exhibiting at the Wilkes Comic Con. We are thrilled to be sharing your artwork and merchandise with our Attendees. Since this is the beginning of a new and exciting experience in our community, we are hand selecting our artists and vendors to help create a unique and fun experience. We appreciate your interest in being an Artist at Wilkes Comic Con!
Wilkes Playmakers is a non-profit organization and the Wilkes Comic Con is a fund raiser whose goal is to assist in the preservation of this historic Wilkes County Landmark.
Rules and Information
Please be aware that Benton Hall Community Arts Center is a Historical Building. It is cared for by a loving staff of volunteers and conservators. Please treat this building with respect.
Artists and Vendors will be expected to abide by the guidelines below as well as all rules of Wilkes Comic Con and Wilkes Playmakers. We want everyone to be safe, enjoy the con, and have fun!
Wilkes Playmakers and Wilkes Comic Con will not be held liable for the safety and security of any merchandise. Products and merchandise should not be left unattended.
Early Setup Friday Evening will not be available due to conflicting events at Benton Hall. If you require more than 2 hours for your setup, please include that information on your application.
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am – Vendor and Artist Check-in and Setup – Location: Vendor and Artist Rooms
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm – Wilkes Comic Con – Location: Benton Hall
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Vendor and Artist Con Closing and Clean up – Location: Vendor and Artist Rooms
- 5:15 pm – 7:15 pm – Concert – Location: Theater
- 7:30 pm – 9:3 0 pm – Drink and Draw – Location: Anchor Coffee Company
- Check-In and Setup
Check-In will take place at the registration desk at the entrance of Benton Hall. Valid ID is required to pick up your badge(s). Please let us know in advance if you need to pick up badges for another artist.
The main entrance to Benton Hall is up a flight of stairs. If you require an elevator to bring your merchandise to the Vendor and Artist Rooms, please let the con staff know. One is available through an alternate entrance.
Con Closing and Clean Up
Please have any sales finalized by 5:00 pm. The Wilkes Comic Con will close promptly at 5:00 pm to give all of our vendors and artists the opportunity to clean up and pack up their merchandise and displays as well as the venue staff to clean the facility.
To be courteous to your fellow presenters, we ask that you arrive no less than 5 minutes before the beginning of your panel. Each panel begins at the top of the hour and will last 45 minutes. A member of the con staff may inform you when there are 5 minutes left to your panel. When there are 2 minutes left, the con staff may give you a final warning. At the end of the 45 minutes, the doors to the Room or the Theater will be opened, and the house lights will come on. We ask that you collect your items and exit so that the con staff may prepare the stage for the next presentation. Should you require any assistance with audio/visual equipment, props, etc., please let one of the staff know prior to the show so that we can ensure that we will have microphones, screens, etc., ready for you.
The last panel in the theater will end at 3:45 pm so that it can be prepared for the Post-Con Party. The concert begins at 5:15 pm.
Applying for a Table
- Benton Hall has a total of 25 artist and vendor tables; therefore, space is at a premium. We ask that you apply for a maximum of one table. If you require two tables, exceptions may be made on a case by case basis and may be subject to additional fees.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a space at Wilkes Comic Con.
- There is no portfolio review to get assigned a table. Priority is given to prior attendees (Wilkes Mini Con) and selection is solely up to the discretion of the Staff of Wilkes Comic Con.
- The Staff of Wilkes Comic Con will assign all tables on May 1. All applicants will be contacted via email at that time and informed of their status. Once all tables are assigned, there will be a wait list. Half tables reservations will be available by request for vendors on the wait list.
- Selected applicants will need to return their signed contracts and their $10 table fee by May 15.
If circumstances arise where you cannot attend the convention, we ask that you email us before July 14, 2019. Emergencies will be considered on a case by case basis. Failure to adhere to this guideline may prevent participation in future Wilkes Comic Cons.
Each Exhibition table area includes:
- One 6-foot table that is approximately 6′ wide by 2′ – 6″ deep by 2′ – 5″ tall. These measurements are approximate and may vary. You may not bring your own table(s) to supplement this amount.
- Two chairs per table
- Two Vendor/Artist Passes
- Approximately 18 square feet space behind the exhibition table (There may be additional space or common space that is also present due to the shape or layout of the hall).
- Should you bring a grid wall or if you have any stackable items, for public safety you cannot build it more than seven feet above the floor and it must be of sound construction. Display space behind each table is not guaranteed.
- Electricity is not included.
- Internet is not included
- There may only be two people behind each table at any time. This includes the common spaces behind the tables as well. Please be mindful of access ways and other vendors and artists.
- Please remember, Benton Hall is a historic building. Please do not attach ANYTHING to the walls, columns, floor, ceiling, fellow vendors, staff, or guests with any tape, staples, glue, adhesive, tacks, wooden spikes, web fluid, bat-a-rangs, ninja stars, unicorn horns, etc. The use of any display that could harm the venue space is prohibited.
- Vendors and Artists are responsible for securing their own personal property and merchandise
In order to ensure that we have an enjoyable family-friendly event, please abide by the following:
- All displayed artwork must be kept to a PG-13 rating.
- The sale of unlicensed or stolen artwork is strictly prohibited
- All artwork displayed needs to be the work of the creator who is present at the table; please do not display the work of an artist who is not at Wilkes Comic Con.
Benton Hall is a non-smoking facility. This includes all bathroom facilities. There is a designated smoking area outside of the facility.